Wednesday 9 October 2013

Mish Mash Challenge Week 11-Book

I was brainstorming this idea last week with Rara and my boyfriend because I didn't really know what I was going to do for it and Rara came up with the excellent suggestion of The Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy series of books, which I love because they're wonderful. I worked out what I wanted to do and gathered alllll the polishes I needed (there were a lot) and got to work. The base for these was Barry M-Black Multi Glitter which I think is the perfect background for a space themed mani as it has so many pretty sparkles in but without overwhelming the nail art on top. On my poor, sad nubbin I used Rimmel-Serene as Marvin, the clinically depressed robot's face-and actually the nubbin was the perfect size! Happy endings ey?

Right so, nails. On my left hand I've got some space nails, Marvin, Don't Panic (as written in 'large, friendly letters' on the back of the Guide), and a bowl of petunias on the thumb. Left hand has more space nails, 42 (the meaning of 'life, the universe and everything'), a white mouse (because they're running the Earth, secretly, trying to find the ultimate question) and a whale tail because I couldn't fit a whole whale on!

I'll stop blabbering on now and just show you the pics so you can see for yourselves!





I genuinely really love these-it seems that the nails I'm most proud of/love the most are all nerdy but I'm OK with that haha! I think anyone who is a fan of the series (whether that be the books/TV Show/Radio show/Film) will recognise these as H2G2 nails so I'm really happy with them! They make me smile and sometimes that's all you want your nail art to do!

Don't forget to check out the other awesome 'Book' nails in the inlinkz below, and I'll be back soon, hopefully!

~Nail Art Novice~

21 comments:

  1. I've never read the series but I've heard quite a lot about them I'll definitely have to check them out! You did such a fantastic job capturing the book on your nails I really love it! Superb job lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Definitely check them out-they're hilarious!

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous Doll!!! I've always wanted to read that series. I think you did a great job representing it on you nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and I love how they made you so happy because it's a theme you love!! Love the idea of space nails, especially with a black sparkly polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the different designs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, so cute! Love Marvin, haha! Looks great, excellent pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration! Hitchhiker's is on my "to read" list and I think I'll have to remedy that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant books although I wouldn't recommend them for bedtime reading as they get a bit physicsy at times!

      Delete
  7. I love The Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy series of books, I read them upon suggestion of my boyfriend and I really enjoyed them. You interpretated perfectly the spirit of the books, very well done! I'm surely going to show your mani to my BF this evening, I'm sure he will appreciate it too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks extra good! And you're right: you manicures have to make you happy, so yay for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard about this book from Cristina and I'll definitely wanna give it a chance! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very funny-I love them! Thanks =)

      Delete
  10. I've never heard of this series of books, but your nails look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. My. Gosh. This is flipping amazing! You captured the spirit of Marvin's face perfectly, and your mouse is completely adorable (while being viciously self-serving about the fate of Arthur Dent). I love the books and you did a great job with this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, glad you liked it!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...