Friday 23 May 2014

The Untried Challenge + Exciting Things!

So you may recall at the start of this year I was trying to reduce the amount of polishes I bought...and basically failed! I had a really good March where I nearly managed a month long no-buy and since then I sort of gave up and bought lots all over again. As I am trying to save up money to spend on my summer trip to Australia, this isn't the best of plans, really, and there's just too many pretty things. My boyfriend has therefore set me a challenge-not to buy any more polishes until I have used all of my untried ones...which is a fair amount.


A ridiculous amount really-I estimate there's about 60-70 polishes there, which has got to be at least a quarter of my collection (eek!). I've defined "untried" as a polish that I know I haven't worn, something that I personally haven't used on myself, or in some cases simply something that hasn't been blogged about. I reckon it's going to be quite a while before I get through them all so it could be quite a while before I am "allowed" to buy something again-eep! I have already started chipping down the pile-in my rainbow nails I managed to use four new ones so hopefully it won't take forever.

However, as I said in the title, exciting things are afoot! Regular readers of mine will know that I have a small obsession with the British indie Tara's Talons and that I often post blogs raving about her polishes. Well she has recently selected a small group of bloggers to be on The Tara's Talons Team to help her review her collections regularly and get sneak peeks and such like-and she asked me to be one of them!!!!! Words cannot describe my excitement levels. You'll be seeing more of that soon I'm sure-keep an eye out-and hopefully it'll help me with my no buy too ;)

In addition to that, if that wasn't awesome enough, Tara has also given me (and the other bloggers involved) a discount code for her shop and Etsy store, so if you want to nab yourself some of her gorgeous polishes, now is your chance!

NailArtNovice
at the checkout!!!
There is no minimum spend and the code has no expiry date, so you can use it as often as you like-go treat yourself to some pretties ;)

So there we go, that's what's ahappening on my blog at the moment. Also as I mentioned I will be taking a trip to Australia in summer, so I will be filling my blog with guest posters again for the duration (and might just pop in every so often myself too) but hopefully you're as excited as I am by all the new stuff kicking off =)

Happy weekend!

~Nail Art Novice~

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff happening to you. I know what you mean with buying too much polish. I actually haven't bought any since the year started since I put myself on a no buy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...