Monday 14 January 2013

Novice Says Hello!

Hello! Welcome to my new blog, Nail Art Novice. As my name suggest, I'm a newbie to the world of nail art, but I love having pretty patterns and colours on my finger tips and thought I'd start a blog to share some of my better designs. I won't pretend I'm an expert at this, I basically do things because I think they'd look pretty and haven't yet attempted many complicated designs or techniques (although I promise I'll share the results if I ever do!) and won't be posting tutorials or anything like that. I also don't have much disposable income, so I never spend a fortune on a nail varnish- I think the most expensive one I've ever bought was about £7. I'm based in the UK too, so I don't have easy access to a lot of the more popular nail varnish brands that I see on other blogs (China Glaze, OPI etc) so maybe this blog might be a little different to the ones you're used to. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Nail Art Confessions:
-I love glitters, especially indie polish ones. I wish there were more UK based sellers though, because shipping them from the States always bumps up the cost a hell of a lot. Despite this, they are my favourite things to wear because they make every manicure unique- you'll never get the same pattern of glitter ever again. So I confess you might see a lot of glitter as top coats on this site I'm afraid.

-I also have to confess that I like the Crackle effect nail varnishes. I know that a lot of nail art bloggers don't like them, but I think you can do some wonderful things with them, and they're quite fun to look at. Crazy paving nails!

-I'm not the neatest painter in the world, and often can't be bothered cleaning up the edges of my nails until I get in a shower and just let the hot water wash the excess off. Sorry if this means you end up with less than aesthetically pleasing pictures. 

This is my collection at the moment-not the biggest in the world but still growing steadily.

Finally, if anyone has any hints or tips to offer me then I am more than willing to listen to them! As I said, I'm new to all this, it's still a big scary world for me!

Thanks!

~Nail Art Novice~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...