Sunday 27 January 2013

No Place Like Home

Disclaimer: I have to apologise for my messy pictures this time, I was painting my nails at a friend's house and didn't want to get polish on any of her surfaces so was using my leg/a book to lean on and it got a bit messy. Also had nothing to clean up with hence the rough edges. SORRY. 

I will admit to you now that this is honestly one of my favourite manis to do, and it frequently features on my fingertips, although this time was to match a specific outfit. When I first saw this Barry M polish, simply called 'Red Glitter' in the shop I just had to buy it-it reminded me of Dorothy's Shoes in the Wizard of Oz and was sparkly and gorgeous. I've worn it on its own before and it takes a few coats to become opaque and doesn't have much sticking power so chips easily-nowadays I use it as a top layer over another polish. Luckily, I already had the perfect colour to match it with in my collection- Rimmel I Heart Lasting Finish in Double Decker Red. This was a polish that I got free with a Rimmel order back in summer that I had rarely worn until I discovered this perfect match for it. It's a very bright red, red like British post boxes, or the Buckingham Palace guard's uniform or London buses and is actually rather lovely.
This is two coats (although I'd probably do one or even two more if I was wearing this polish on its own):

and this is with one layer of Barry M's Red Glitter over the top, plus a top coat of Seche Vite.
This photo doesn't do justice to just how sparkly and lovely it looks.


Honestly? I love this combo, it's stunning and joyful and makes me feel happy whenever I catch sight of my nails. And sometimes we all need a little bit of glitter to make us smile, right?

~Nail Art Novice~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, reading all your lovely comments makes me so happy! I try my hardest to reply to them all and it makes my day to hear from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...